AGREEMENT made on ______________________between:
A financial contribution in the amount of $_____ for the benefit of animals will be made to the following organization: ___BCSPCA,___Canadian Wildlife Association,___BC Wildlife Association,and/or___Missionhill Cattery.
IT IS AGREED THAT
- Under no circumstances will this cat/kitten be sold, leased, or given away without prior notification to, and agreement by, the Breeder. If it has to be placed in another home, it must be with Breeder’s approval.
- Breeder guarantees that the cat/kitten described above is in good health at the time of purchase and is from DNA tested PKD negative cats. If examination by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of possession reveals otherwise, Breeder will replace the cat/kitten with one of equal quality when available. Six weeks free pet insurance will be provided by Breeder. Any shipping and incidental expenses incurred in returning the cat/kitten is the responsibility of the new owner. If the cat/kitten dies by the age of two years of a genetic health defect, Breeder will replace the cat/kitten for one of equal quality upon availability basis upon receipt of a detailed necropsy report by a Veterinarian outlining the alleged health defect. This guarantee does not include the common sniffles and/or problems arising from change of food & water that are associated with a change in environment. The Breeder has the right to request a second opinion from a Veterinarian of the Breeder’s choice, at the Breeder’s expense.
- Kittens will be spayed/neutered prior to sale and the cost will be reflected in the adoption price. In the unlikely event that the testicles of a male kitten are not descended by the age of 3 months the kitten will be sold with a non-breeding contract and must be neutered latest by the age of 6 months and is not to be used for breeding. Please ensure that your vet uses Isoflurane and not Ketamine as an anaesthetic. Registration papers and/or pedigree will be provided once the veterinary certificate of altering has been provided.
- The cat/kitten must not be declawed. At least one scratching post must be provided. Claws should be clipped every 2 weeks.
- The cat/kitten is not allowed to run free outdoors under any circumstances.
- The cat/kitten is being fed a balanced raw food diet and a small amount of high quality dry food. Mix old food in with new if changing over to a new food to prevent the cat/kitten from developing diarrhea. If it develops diarrhea it may stop using the litter box!
- The cat/kitten has been immunized against panleukopenia, rhinotracheitis and calici virus. If FeLV, FIP or Chlamydia vaccines are given this guarantee will be null and void.
- It is further agreed that Breeder has the right to refuse adoption of the cat/kitten and refund any deposit fees given if, in the opinion of Breeder, there is a valid reason for doing so.
- The Breeder and the New Owner agree that any breach of this contract by the New Owner with respect to the shipping (paragraph 2) and non-breeding clause (paragraph 3) will cause the Breeder significant damage and that, as a result, the Breeder and the New Owner agree that a genuine pre-estimate of such damages shall be the sum of $1,000 payable by the Breeder to the New Owner immediately upon any such breach.
- This Agreement will be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, and any dispute arising out of this Contract will be heard exclusively in a court of the said Province.
- Purchaser’s signature indicates full agreement of all above conditions.
Signature of Purchaser: ____________________________
Signature of Seller: _____________________________